Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pleasant Memories :: Lithonia Family Photographer

When I was a little girl, probably about 9 or so, I saw a picture of my mother when she was about my age.  She was wearing a white lacy dress and her hair was neatly combed and she had a ribbon in her hair. I was enamored with who that little girl was, and so, I would to ask questions about her life as a little girl. It made her a real person, not just my Mommy. Suddenly, I realized in that moment that she used to be a little girl, just like me.

Every Sunday evening, after dinner, we would sit on the porch, she would play her guitar and we would sing. I thought that she had the most beautiful voice I had ever heard. We'd talk about random things between songs. Anything that my little mind could conjure up. We would make-up stories and talk about her life as a little girl. I asked her all kind of questions, like ......

"Mommy, did you have a best friend when you were a little girl?"
"Mommy, did you play dolly house when you were a little girl?"
"Mommy, did you have pretty dresses when you were a little girl?"
"Mommy, did you ....
"Mommy, did you.....

The questions never stopped.

One day I asked my mother a question unlike any other question.

"Mommy, who do you love the most?" Her answer was perfect. "I love all of you differently." It was just the answer I needed. I skipped away and returned to whatever wonderful thing I was doing like playing with my dolls.

Every time, I look at the pictures from this family session, I think of my mother's answer and realize that love is a wonderful, amazing, thing and Mommy's and Daddy's always have more than enough to go around. Besides, who could resist loving these cutie-pies.



1 comment:

Eutopia said...

Great post Pru.

.