Sunday, September 20, 2015

Things to consider when choosing a wedding photographer

Choosing a photographer to capture the details of your wedding day is perhaps the most important part of preserving your wedding day memories. After the wedding cake is finished, the guests are home, the decorations are put away, the only thing left to remind of you this awesome day are the photographs (and sometimes video).

It's incredibly important to have the confidence that the person you have selected for this duty is a competent historian.

Here are a few things to consider when choosing your photographer/videographer.

Connection
You'll spend hours with this person on one of the most remembered days of your life. You'll look at these images for years, decades, generations. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will re-live this day through their eyes. You have to connect with this person in a good way. In a way that fosters trust and confidence.

Experience
Have you seen their work? Have you seen other weddings that they've done? I made this mistake with my own wedding. I hired a photographer that was great at portraits but didn't have any wedding experience. There are many intricate things in preparing for, shooting a wedding, culling the images after and creating a timeless keepsake. Hire someone with experience. I was a second shooter at many weddings before becoming the lead (and sometimes only) wedding photographer.

First Family Heirloom
This is your first family heirloom. This is the beginning of your family. Whether you have an elaborate or intimate wedding, this day should be captured beautifully. Your images should be full of emotion. This will be the part of your day that is always treasured. You'll have many beautiful images throughout your life together but you'll never be able to duplicate this day.

Budget
Choose the best photographer that your money can buy. Make it a priority. Stretch yourself a little bit, if necessary. It's better to hire a great photographer for less hours than to get a novice for the whole day. It's better to have fewer AWESOME images than lots of pictures that you're not thrilled with.
I love curating wedding stories. I am a historian. I love that for years and generations, your wedding day story will be told and re-told through my eyes. I love that I get to participate in the culmination of your story and get to be there for the start of the next phase of your life. I am keenly aware that what I do matters. I take my job seriously, from a technical standpoint and from an emotional place. It would be my pleasure to tell your wedding story.

Please feel free to call/email/text. I would love to answer any questions and hear more about your vision for your wedding day.



Pru is a wedding and portrait photographer based in the Atlanta area, but willing to travel to just about anywhere

No comments:

.